Sunday, July 31, 2016

Wisteria Vine

Wisteria is a beautiful perennial flowering vine that I've always admired. It's hardy in growing Zones 5-9, so is a perfect candidate for New York weather, our Zone being 5. Wisteria has long, purple flower clusters, similar to lilacs. 
A couple years ago, my associate gardener (hubby) erected an arbor at the entrance to the perennial garden path which looks bare without something growing up and over it.  So, I ordered a 2 year old, 3-foot wisteria vine online which arrived in a couple days in beautiful condition.
         It's been planted next to the arbor for about three weeks and I'm already noticing some new      
         sprouts.  Hopefully, it will continue to thrive and survive through the winter.  Maybe I'll get flowers next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!