Thursday, August 25, 2016

August Vignette




Hanging baskets of annuals were half price at the garden center, so I couldn't pass up that deal!  I arranged the pot of petunias, million bells and verbena, along with my other plant purchases, while they await their permanent homes in the perennial garden.








There's a hardy white mum, lavender, with a heavenly fragrance, two canary yellow everblooming daylilies called Happy Returns, and a purple aster.



Hardy mum
Lavender
Happy Returns daylily
Aster


The bird cage has been around for years. After spraying it with an off-white paint, I "planted" one of my little rues in it (hubby's idea!). The chair was purchased for $5 at a garage sale.  The seat was missing, so I made a faux rush seat for it -- not very professional looking, but it serves its purpose! It had chippy white paint on it, so it was stripped down and stained.







The three-pronged digger was my grandmother's and I still use it!  I inherited my love of gardening from her ❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!