Friday, November 18, 2016

Perennial Garden

Today, while strolling through the perennial garden in 74 degree F sunny weather : ) I took photos of the remainder of the flowers that are still blooming.



Clockwise, starting at the top left are rhododendrum, sundrop fall foliage, yellow mum, pansy, rosebud, creeping phlox, yarrow, pincushion, stock, and veronica.  The spicy, sweet smelling stock isn't a perennial, but I'll save the seeds to plant new ones in the spring.  


The rhododendum normally only blooms in early spring.  


Yesterday, I dug out the gladiola corms or bulbs to save through the winter and re-plant in the spring. I'll store them in a paper bag in the basement.   I also dug the striped spider plant from an outdoor planter box which I'm now hanging in the dining room.   



This summer I planted a few English lavender plants and was able to gather a small bunch of flowering branches that I've hung in the kitchen window.  They smell so wonderful!


1 comment:

  1. Good morning, Carole! You've been very busy in your garden. Here in Texas, we are finally getting some cold weather and I had to wrap some pots last night to protect them.
    Thanks for letting me know that you made and enjoyed the pumpkin bars. I would've responded by email, but you're a Noreply Comment blogger. However, I appreciate your sweet comment! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!